Does your water softener make your water taste bad?
Water softeners and heater tanks need regular maintenance to operate efficiently and effectively. Rust never sleeps. Using Super Iron Out on a regular basis knocks rust out berore it stains your home's surfaces.
Water Softener - First Application — Use 1 cup (250 mL)
Regular Use - Use 1/4 cup (62 mL)
All softeners treating high iron content water require Super Iron Out as preventative maintenance and to eliminate iron buildup.
1. Add 1 cup in 1/2 gallon of cold water
2. Pour directly into brine well (for softeners with no brine well, pour directly into salt tank when salt level is low)
3. Manually regenerate softener
4. Repeat for heavily fouled unit.
1. Add 1/4 cup per 40 lbs. of salt
2. Repeat regularly for continuous treatment
Note: If taste or odor is detected in tap water, manually regenerate softener again, then run cold water until odor is gone. For cabinet models, use for periodic cleaning only. Follow First Application instructions above.
Please follow cautions and instructions on the label carefully.